Quentin Pardon
JRNM 151

Basketball season is right around the corner and head coach for the men’s basketball team, Martin Eggleston, is ready for it. 

Coach Martin has zero fears coming into the season with a staff and a team that has plenty experience. “I’m always optimistic when it comes to basketball and my team,” Martin says. “Only team I’m worried about is us. We prepare and plan out everything so we give ourselves the best opportunities for succeeding.”  Multiple players from last year’s championship contending basketball team are coming back to finish the job. “I expect big things coming from our players returning. They show potential for doing bigger and better things in life.”

The person Coach Martin is most excited to comeback is actually on his coaching staff. Former Lorain County Community College basketball player, Brandon Lawler, has joined Martin side as an assistant coach. Lawler is the 4th all-time leader in scoring in Men’s Basketball which earned him a full athletic scholarship at the College of the Holy Cross. “I’m glad he earned his degree and decided to come back and give back to where he came from.”, said Martin. Coach believes Lawler past experience will give the team the wisdom and advantage for the upcoming season.

The main goal he has this season is to help and steer his players towards the right path. says Martin as he knows it all to well. He has a very decorated college basketball career owning several records at Kutztown University (Kutztown, PA). 

Then continued his career playing 9 years overseas of professional basketball in Europe. “The game has done so much for me and I love it for that. I’m loyal to the game of basketball.” says Martin. Coach Martin and the Commodores expect to be on a title journey this upcoming season and it starts with the Commodore Classic on Nov. 2nd at home at 8 PM.