Kerri Klatt

Staff Writer

Lorain County Community College’s new vice-president is just one of its success stories.

Jonathan Volpe is a LCCC alumnus and the new Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer.  Volpe has come full circle in taking the position for the college as of July 2017. Volpe is very passionate about allocating the college to benefit students. “Continuing to support student success and making sure students have the resources that they need to succeed is important,” said Volpe.  “I am a product of this place and I have a passion for that.”

Volpe grew up in Lorain and is a 2000 graduate of Marion L. Steele High School. He started his college education at LCCC earning his associates degree. “I got my associates degree here (LCCC),” said Volpe. “One of the best decisions I ever made.”

Volpe attended the Ohio State University Fisher College of Business in 2004 earning his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in economics. He then attended the Weather-head School of Management at Case Western Reserve University from August of 2007 until May of 2009. Volpe graduated and earned his MBA in Finance and Marketing there.

Volpe has experience in financial management, accounting, auditing, consulting, and market research. “I enjoy looking at data and numbers,” Volpe said. He was an accountant and Grants Officer at The Ohio State University from the year of 2005 to 2006.

His administrative experience started at Case Western Reserve University where he oversaw all aspects of Administrative departments such as Human Resources, finance and accounting operations. Volpe was the director of Administrative Operations, Ophthalmology, and Otolaryngology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine from January of 2010 to March of 2015. “You see a pattern here,” said Volpe. “I work for the places I went to school.”

Volpe has also held the Director of Finance position at the University of Akron from March 2015 until taking his current position at LCCC. “My dad was the first in my family to go to college,” he said. “He went to Akron so there’s a connection there as well.”