Kent Springborn Jr.

Staff Writer

Nostalgia about something from one’s past can be exciting or disappointing. This is especially true when it comes to old television shows that one grew up watching. You may have fond memories of the show, but when you go back to watch it when you’re older, you may find yourself questioning why you had such fond memories in the past.

For me, memories of the 1990s “X-Men” animated series are extremely limited, but from what I do remember about it, I enjoyed the series a lot. The series began a year before I was born and it ended when I was four years old. From what I do remember about the show, it was fun and enjoyable.

Now that I rewatched it, I can say that my positive memories of the show have stayed the same.

The show even remains relevant to today’s issues, which is not something you might expect from an animated show from the 1990s.

Even the animation of each episode has aged fairly well. Most animated series that are more than ten years old don’t age very well (or at least don’t look as great as they did when they first aired).

The thing that I loved the most about the show is that it adapted many of the storylines from the comics while also incorporating some original story material. “X-Men” managed to do this for 76 episodes throughout five seasons. While not everything is directly adapted from the source material, there were only a few differences.

“X-Men” has been a show I’ve wanted to revisit for awhile and  I’m glad I was able to go back and watch. It is nice to see that it has managed to survive 24 years and still look visually appealing and have some real world relevance.