Alex Delaney-Gesing | The Collegian

Alex Delaney-Gesing | The Collegian

Karl Schneider
Editor-in-chief

The Lady Commodores women’s volleyball team brought back the second place prize for the Division III National Junior College Athletic Association National Championship tournament.

Lorain County Community College celebrated the team’s victory with a ceremony on Nov. 25.

“It’s so nice that everyone came to show appreciation for the work that these ladies completed during their season,” Head Coach Ted Whitsel said after the celebration.

The ladies placed second in the nation in their division during a championship tournament in Rochester, MN.

During the celebration Provost of Academic and Learner Services Marcia Ballinger spoke on the achievement of the team. “I think each one of your accomplishments just keep raising that bar higher and higher and I look forward to a national championship team next year,” Ballinger said.

The team members were proud to present their trophy to the school.  “It was fun! I like that they recognized us and I appreciate that they appreciated us for winning second place,” Devin Bray of the team said.